What's for Dinner? Shrimp.
We have had a lot of requests for recipes that enhance the flavor of the sweet shrimp, here are the best of the best we have collected. Be sure to check back, we keep these updated with new mouthwatering recipes frequently.
For the sauteed Shrimp
- 1/2 pound fresh Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the nachos
- Tortilla chips
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
For the creamy garlic cheese sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup milk or half and half (1 or 2 additional tablespoons if needed to thin the sauce)
- 3 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cloves minced garlic
- Sprinkle 2/3 cup Monterey jack cheese over tortilla chips on a baking sheet or oven safe serving dish.
- Place in preheated 350* oven to melt the cheese.
- While the cheese is melting, begin the shrimp.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and garlic.
- Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, add a squeeze of lemon and saute for about 4-6 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from heat and prepare creamy garlic cheese sauce.
- In a small sauce pot, combine milk (or 1/2 & 1/2), cream cheese, minced garlic and shredded cheeses.
- Stir until melted and add an additional tablespoon or two of milk to thin the sauce if necessary.
- Once the cheese is melted on the chips, remove from oven.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Dice shrimp into bite sized pieces and spread it over chips.
- Top with 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle nachos with creamy garlic cheese sauce.
- Return to oven under the broiler.
- Watch closely and remove nachos when all of the cheesy is melted and the garlic cheese sauce is hot and bubbly.
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds med raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup + 1 T minced parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the shrimp until just pink, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon transfer the shrimp to a platter and keep them warm.
- In the skillet, combine the broth, wine, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the parsley, the salt and pepper; and bring it to a boil. Boil uncovered, until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Spoon the sauce over the shrimp. Serve garnished with the lemon wedges and sprinkled with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.
- Makes 4 servings
Teriyaki Grilled Shrimp
- 30 large raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Peel and de-vein shrimp.
- Wash shrimp, pat dry.
- Mix shoyu, water, sugar, garlic, and ginger to make a teriyaki marinade.
- Marinate shrimp in the teriyaki marinade for one hour.
- Soak ten wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, three to a skewer.
- Grill shrimp until they are no longer translucent.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, additional to top once done
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp oregano leaves
- 1 package linguine pasta cooked and drained
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shrimp, cook until the shrimp are done. Remove shrimp, set aside and cover to keep warm. Reserve liquid in the pan. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add cream, stirring constantly. Add cheese and stir until smooth. Cooked until thickened. Add lemon juice, parsley, basil and oregano. Add shrimp to sauce and heat through. Serve over linguine and top with additional Parmesan cheese.